Saturday, July 22, 2006

The July boil

Seems I took off the two hottest weeks in recorded history for my annual leave. I know - this is a hackneyed theme, you know 'we are the hottest place in the UK' but it seems that we might well be. I was driving through Malvern Link on Wednesday at 6.15 pm and the car thermometer was showing an outside temp of 97 degrees F. Hells Bells! I am just thankful for aircon. Looking back on earlier posts it seems laughable. 'It seems to be warming up'? No kidding. The Malverns have been - until this afternoon, when we've had a couple of torrential downpours -dry as dust. Even the rain today won't have done a lot to relieve that so if you're going on the hills please DO NOT LIGHT A FIRE and if you smoke PUT THE BLOODY THING OUT! There have been serious fires in past years because people were careless. I'll write some more when I can gasp enough air into my seared lungs.......

No comments: